If we’re lucky, we all get older before we die. In our youth-obsessed culture, it’s not something many of us like to think about or perhaps even acknowledge. But denial only goes so far. Here are my observations about:
Six Surefire Signs You’re Not the Spring Chicken You Once Were
- After watching you swim laps, a bystander tells you, “Wow, you’ve really got that slow motion thing down.”
- The next day, you get on a crowded subway, and a young man jumps up and insists on giving you his seat.
- Without your asking her, the lady at McDonald’s charges you for a senior coffee.
- You wonder if Jane Fonda’s plastic surgeon ever does pro bono work.
- The early bird dinner special at Big Boy no longer sounds obscene.
- You realize the novel you’re reading, set in the time period of your youth, is billed as “historical fiction.”
Very funny, Lynn!
But work load only increases!