Birthday Reflections for My Grandson
Sixteen years ago, my life changed when I became the totally besotted grandparent of Cameron, my first grandchild. I love this young man more than life can say. Along with the four grandchildren who’ve followed, he’s enriched my life in ways I could never have predicted.
This isn’t exactly the sixteenth birthday year I’d hoped for him. Like millions of others, his life has been interrupted. No school, no writing for the school newspaper, no after-school workouts for next season’s football and wrestling teams. Sundays used to be spent at the Y shooting baskets with friends, but now even that is off the table.
My prayer for him, and for young people everywhere, is that we can beat this virus and eventually they’ll get to fully enjoy all the little and big moments and rituals that mark their coming of age.
Meantime, here are a few of my favorite quotes that express much of what I’m feeling about how blessed I’ve been to be Cameron’s grandma, as well as the grandma of Charisma, Milo, Sebastian, and Edie Lou. They’re the best!
- “Of course I believe in love at first sight… I’m a grandmother!” – Barbara Lloyd
- “If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I’d have had them first.”- Lois Wyse
- “Grandchildren fill a place in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Lettina Risher
- “My grandkids might be out of my sight. But they are never out of my mind or out of my heart.” –Author Unknown
- “Grandchildren are like flowers, you never get tired of watching them grow.” – Becky Thibodeaux
- “When we try to teach our grandchildren about life, our grandchildren teach us what life is all about.” – Angela Schwindt
AHHH! Tell us more about this talented young man. He writes like Grandma!!
Does Cameron share YA titles he likes with you, Lynn?